Saturday, August 11, 2007

Stupid HLJ



I have always liked HLJ but this time it's bit ridiculous. I have pre-ordered SD Stargazer and SD Zaku Heine for my brother in one pre-order. Both are scheduled to be released in August. Stargazer has just been released and they shipped it. If it was separate order, I'd be fine but I have both in the pre-order. They should wait for the other to arrive before shipping it. It's not like the item is going to be release next month. Anyway, not too happy and am going to complain to HLJ. What's the point of having 2 items in an order then?

According to HLJ policy;
"HobbyLink Japan ships orders to customers when any one of three things occur:
1. Everything on an individual order is in stock.
2. Two months pass from the time an order was placed, and at least one item is in stock.
3. You request shipping of available items. "

Mine should fall on the 2nd category but it's not even a week and they shipped the order.

P/S: Luckily it was the SD Stargazer that was shipped, otherwise I'm going to make a racket at HLJ. The SD Stargazer looks very attractive, click the picture and check out the promo pictures at Gundambase.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, the way HLJ normally works is anything you pre-order, even if it's grouped, doesn't matter.

They ship out orders relative to when items get released; so even if you had X and Y preordered to be shipped at the same time, if X comes out 2+ weeks before Y, HLJ will ship only X. I think it has to do in how their ordering system is setup.

 
At 11:19 PM, Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

Hi moyism, nice of you to drop by.

According to HLJ policy;
"HobbyLink Japan ships orders to customers when any one of three things occur:

1. Everything on an individual order is in stock.
2. Two months pass from the time an order was placed, and at least one item is in stock.
3. You request shipping of available items. "

I would assume I would fall into the 2nd catergory and if the other item was maybe 2-3 weeks late, then I have no grounds to complain. I check the day before and it still on pre-order and then today I received a shipped order. It's not even a week. That's why I'm not happy. I also cancelled the Zaku Heine since it was sort of side-order.

 
At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wondering. Wouldn't it be better to buy a sd gundam at one of the local stores than from HLJ price-wise? Taking the shipping fees into consideration. The same goes for MG gundams. I'm not sure about the situation in Australia and Malaysia but it's cheaper for me in Singapore.

 
At 6:54 PM, Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

kx: We are mostly talking about new kits which local store probably dont have it. HLJ is usually more attractive than most local store because local store will pass on shipping as well as profit margin to consumer.

For example; a MG Freedom cost US$32 around SIN $49. Shipping cost SIN$20. Can you get the MG kit for less than SIN $70 in singapore? If so, then yes, it'll be better to get it from local store.

The Stargazer SD is a new release, whether local store in Singapore has it or not, is another issue. By having 2 SD in an order initially, I only have to pay an extra US$1-2 dollar usually for the additional SD in shipping. The plan didn't work, that's why I had the post.

Same for MG kits, does Singapore has the latest kits? And how about the price? You can check on HLJ whether it's more economical to get it locally or online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home