Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Promising CH Store: Bookcafe

Came across a new online site offering CH version of JP manga. It's called Bookcafe. I think I'll patron the HK based shop from now on since Yesasia is no longer attractive for manga purchase.

I did a simple spreadsheet calculation. It showed that I need to buy at least 3 books to be cost-effective at Bookcafe. That's fine with me since I usually purchase at least 4 in an order: ARIA, Suzuka, Cross Game and Pastel.

Did a simple calculation even if I send to HK and then to Australia, Bookcafe will still be more attractive since Yesasia also charges local book shipping nowadays.

Examples:
For 4 manga, each 150gram: Yesasia AUD $39.40 & Bookcafe AUD $38.52, given Yesasia unit cost is US $4.99, Bookcafe unit cost is HK28 and shipped to Australia.

For 10 manga, each 200gram: Yesasia AUD $75.72 & Bookcafe AUD $55.54, given Yesasia unit cost is US $5.99, Bookcafe unit cost is HK33 and shipped to Hongkong.


I had previously emailed a feedback to Yesasia regarding the change to Free-shipping eligibility once and they replied it's more cost-effective which is definitely a lie. I had to pay a lot more for each manga compared to the past. So, to Yesasia, sorry that I'll move my manga patronage to Bookcafe in near future.


P/S: This might be a good option for me and R8 who's collecting CH manga (providing he's still collecting :P)

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Noooo, in Chinese!? I can only read every third character XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home