Monday, October 02, 2006

More Anime Sentiments

Brief notes on anime series that I watched and have recently concluded.

Air Gear

1. Animation/Graphics:
2. Appeal/Impression:
3. Storyline/Adaptation:
4. Themes/Music:
5. Setting/Atmosphere:
6. Recommendation:
Sentiments:
Adapted from Oh! Great famous work Air Gear, the animation was a disappointment for me because its character deformation. Several deformations appeared throughout the series, particularly in the middle and towards the end of the series. However, the fanservice and the fandom of Air Gear manga managed to appeal much fans. Overall, it's enjoyable but a rather disappointing anime for me.

Ah! My Goddess Sorezore no Tsubasa

1. Animation/Graphics:
2. Appeal/Impression:
3. Storyline/Adaptation:
4. Themes/Music:
5. Setting/Atmosphere:
6. Recommendation:
Sentiments:
I have a post dedicated to AMG season 2. Season 2 wasnt a good as the first season. They could have attract more interests since two highly anticipated arc, Peorth and Hild, were animated. However, it didnt deliver the series with flow and appeals. The music is excellent and the animation quality is consistent. But the series really lack developments and fail to impress the fans.

Aria The Natural

1. Animation/Graphics:
2. Appeal/Impression:
3. Storyline/Adaptation:
4. Themes/Music:
5. Setting/Atmosphere:
6. Recommendation:
Sentiments:
I have a post dedicated to ARIA The Natural. I gave many excellent ratings for ARIA because if its dedication and appeal in the animation series. However, there were few episodes where small sections were poorly animated. The music and atmosphere continued to impress me. A higly recommended anime but some might find it rather boring with its genre.

Binbou Shimai Monogatari

1. Animation/Graphics:
2. Appeal/Impression:
3. Storyline/Adaptation:
4. Themes/Music:
5. Setting/Atmosphere:
6. Recommendation:
Sentiments:
Avex mode, lost faith in them after its poorly animated Ichigo 100%, now further support its incabability with similar animation quality. The only thing I like is the mangaka's drawing prior and post commercial break. Rather uninteresting, surprise how I even finish watching it even with much hesistations.

Muteki Kanban Musume

1. Animation/Graphics:
2. Appeal/Impression:
3. Storyline/Adaptation:
4. Themes/Music:
5. Setting/Atmosphere:
6. Recommendation:
Sentiments:
Although I didnt give high rating for it, it has been fun watching the series. The drawback was the constant fighting, challeging and gimmicks repeating in the series. I dont really appreciate its background musics. The animation was consistent and I like the dog most, as long as its teeth's not showing. It's fun to watch but could be boring or lack of appeal for some.

Zegapain

1. Animation/Graphics:
2. Appeal/Impression:
3. Storyline/Adaptation:
4. Themes/Music:
5. Setting/Atmosphere:
6. Recommendation:
Sentiments:
Zegapain has one of the best animation quality due to its 3D rendering. However, it started with characters development which I found boring at first. Only until the end, I started to appreciate the importance of earlier episodes. But many fans and I, was about to drop Zegapain but decided to press on. It did turn out to be a good anime, except the ending was a bit ambiguous. Recommended but hope you manage to survive in watching all 26 episodes.

Zero no Tsukaima

1. Animation/Graphics:
2. Appeal/Impression:
3. Storyline/Adaptation:
4. Themes/Music:
5. Setting/Atmosphere:
6. Recommendation:
Sentiments:
The series didnt spark any interest initially, it was about the 3rd episode when I started watching. After that, it has been one of my most anticipated series, mainly due to its appeal and humour. I would settle for less fanservice, but I guess that's the appeal of the series. Really love the animation and highly recommended to anime fans.

Max:
P/S: I reserve the right to view my personal sentiments. :p

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 1:00 AM, Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

For Air Gear, it was the character deformation that really disappointed me. If it's only 2 episodes, that's fine. There's more than 5 episodes which have character deformation, in par with the poor animation quality as binbou shimai monogatori. Plus, some of the musics dont match the atmosphere of certain scenario.

For AMG, if there's 3rd season, I really hope they put in more effort.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home