Saturday, May 19, 2007

Price Inconsistency

I recently came across some price inconsistency in Yesasia products. Most of ARIA fans should know that Kozue Amano has an earlier work called Roman Club. It is available at Yesasia. There are 6 volumes and each costs US$4.99. However, the whole collection (V1-V6) cost US$39.84. The price was originally US$47.79. Any high-school kid should be able to do multiplication of $4.99*6=$29.94. How come the pricing for the whole collection is so absurd??

I wrote an email to Yesasia regarding the matter. Yesasia has friendly customer service but I wasn't pleased with the reply. This is the reply.

"Further to your inquiry regarding the price of the "Roman club", please kindly be informed that the retail price of all items are adjusted at a level which is acceptable for most customers located in different regions. Your kind understanding would be greatly appreciated."

What do they meant by "ACCEPTABLE"??? Is there any idiot who's going to pay $39.84 instead of $29.94 for similar items?

4 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fairly odd. Though I don't buy things from YesAsia as I've had bad run in with them mainly where they don't update stock and ended up making me wait 2 months for my order to arrive.

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

I like Yesasia because of its free shipping and friendly customer service. But now they have removed the free shipping egilibility for the comics making my wallet more painful.

But the discrepancy in price shouldn't be solved this way. They should reply that they would check ratehr than the reply that was given

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger R8 said...

Well, i've seen them w/ stupid prices like that. Sometimes they would sell the comic as a set and not have one of the indivdual comic available outside of the set. Their customer service isn't that great. You don't know how much trouble i went through getting FP items from them for games. If it wasn't for my bitching, Moyism wouldn't have gotten his My-HiME artbook. I myself, still use them for a few HK mangas, but it doesn't cost me so much. Their free shipping is pretty shitty now, i use them mostly for DVDs and a few JPN mangas. Otherwise, i'm better off elsewhere.

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Fisherman Horizon said...

I even lost the desire to get JP OST CD from them unless I can accumulate enough for the free shipping.

Yes, their free shipping is worse than before. I think they just want to make more money. It's only because there's no good online place to get HK comics otherwise I'll migrate my purchase elsewhere. They replied my feedback saying it's cheaper but having additional $2.99 added to $4.99 comic makes it around $8 as before but the shipment charge is an additional $7.00. And they dare say it's cheaper.

Hope that their sales drop and they change their free shipping deal again. At current policy, they wont get much of my money compared to before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home